11 Questions Every Church Leader Should Ask
(1) The Question of Priority
Whom/what is the most important to me? Why?
About what do I think a lot?
About what do I get intense? Why?
(2) The Question of Significance
At what points am I concerned about becoming?
At what points am I concerned about doing?
At what points am I concerned about achieving?
(3) The Question of Internality
How would I describe my feelings? Blocked/free, stressed/relaxed, restless/content, happy/sad, anxious/peaceful, fearful/peace, guilty/confident?
(4) The Question of Metaphysical Holism (Soul/Body care)
If my body could write an evaluation of me, what would it say?
(5) The Question of God consciousness (Don’t completely agree with Schleiermacher here but the point is well taken)
What do I think God likes about me now? Dislikes
(6) The Question of Motivations
What are my motives for ministry presently?
(7) The Question of Intentional Communication
Do I need to share my history, theology, values or present status update with my spouse, kids, a friend or a colleague?
(8) The Question of Kingdom Immanency (Kingdom is at Hand)
How do I feel about what I believe God wants me to become?
How do I feel about what I believe God wants me to achieve?
How do I feel about what I believe God wants me to do?
(9) The Question of Futurology
I believe the present and the future are actually intertwined and that God is not only transcendent and imminent but that He is also ahead of us in time…See Pannenburg
What do I dream about?
(10) The Question of Latent Potential
What happens if these dreams do come true/don’t come true? If my dreams are to come true, whose help will I need?
(11) The Question of Legacy
Later in life, what do I wish to remember? What do I not want to regret?